How to Avoid Losing Money over the Festive Period
Now that Christmas has called time on the Internet (most sites can no longer guarantee Christmas deliveries), it is important not to forget these few basic house keeping issues:
- Update your delivery pages include notes about when the next deliveries will be as well as your opening hours.
- Update your offers, away from the “guaranteed delivery” type offers to the post Christmas and January “sale” approach. (Even if you arent having a major sale, it’s still important to reassure visitors that someone is at home and get rid of those “last Christmas Delivery on 18th Dec” messages)
- Be aware that visitor to sale conversion rates will change as consumers buying modes change and be prepared to react (Attacat clients: we will be watching this carefully for you)
- If you can’t fulfil orders as quickly as usual over the festive period, then give consideration to pausing or reducing any ongoing advertising.
- Don’t forget to change your copyright notice to 2008 come January the 1st.