Podcast: Digital Marketing in 2014
Our MD, Tim Barlow, was lucky enough to be asked by Gordon at FatBuzz to join him to have a discussion about how SEO has evolved and what you need to focus on in 2014.
The podcast discusses:
- Why we believe that SEO is an outcome rather than a strategy
- Why unfortunately some sites just cannot be optimised for good rankings
- How some businesses have issues when it comes to clearly defining and communicating their unique value proposition
- An update on link building and more importantly what makes a link good or bad
- Why is it important to have a strong grasp of what your customers are looking for
- How we can use certain tools to effectively determine which keywords are likely to provide the best reward
- Why paid search is a vital part of any digital marketing armoury in 2014
- Blot Design Director, Iain Wilson, asks if small businesses can afford to do SEO effectively
- What ways can an organisation reduce the cost of their SEO without reducing its effectiveness
- What are the common mistakes people make when using Google AdWords?
Tim mentions a couple of books that he recommends during the podcast, these were:
Age of Context by Robert Scoble and Shel Israel
The Circle by Dave Egger
Let us know your thoughts on SEO and PPC in 2014 by leaving a comment below!