With our seminar on Analytics coming up at the end of October, I thought I would just provide a very quick overview of Google Analytics for the uninitiated.
Analytics is Googles free web stats program. It will tell you a huge amount about how people find your website and how they are using it. The quantities of statistics it provides are staggering. Here is a sprinkling of some of the important ones:
- Number of people viewing your site (often wrongly confused with the term Hits)
- Average number of pages of the site each visitor views
- Average time spent on the site
- Most visited pages
- Number of people arriving on your site from search engines
- Other sources of visitors
- Time spent on each page
- Number of page errors
You can view all these numbers over any time scale right down to the daily level. Slick graphs ease understanding of all the numbers.
Knowing whats happening on your site is an essential part of the process of continuously improving your website and ultimately making your marketing spend go further.
To find out more:
- Book a place at our seminar on 25th October. Google Analytics themselves are speaking.
- Read up on the Analytics site itself.