What is user testing?
The process of watching real people use websites, whilst identifying areas of the site that can be improved.
Traditional user testing involves lots of test participants, highly specified usability labs, long in-depth reports and an associated price tag in the region of £10,000 per testing round.
What are the benefits of low cost testing?
- Focusing on identifying the biggest issues
- Making improvement manageable
- Simplistic reporting that highlights the three most important problems
- Solutions seem simpler and therefore tend to be addressed
The lower cost user testing approach
- Test preparation – We create an essential list of goals, tasks and scenarios for users to go through during the test
- Participant recruitment – Finding, recruiting and paying test participants/users
- User tests – We conduct user tests, recording the participants’ screen and voice
- Test evaluation – We identify the three most important issues the users found with the site