17/02/2012 – Applications closed – The “Sorry no”‘s and Interview Invites to be sent before 7pm tonight.
13/02/2012 – CV sift starting – Over the next few days we will work through all your applications – thank you for taking the time to apply. Please note, if you did not receive an email notification, we will not have received your application. During this review period we will continue to accept applications but don’t leave it later than Wednesday night.
30/01/2012 – Graduating this summer? We will need you to start in February or March 2012 so regret we can not accept your application if you are graduating this summer. However we do regularly recruit graduates so please sign up for alerts on our job page.
27/01/2012 – Jobs just launched. We will not close applications until the 10th February at the earliest.
Looking to get a start in online marketing? These entry level positions are ideal for talented graduates (of any age) looking to gain experience that could lead to management positions in a growing industry.
- no prior experience or industry qualifications required
- be part of a small but growing team.
- rapid salary progression
- Edinburgh city centre location
And you are…
You may be an ambitious recent graduate or someone with unrelated experience. Either way you will be looking for a new career that you can be genuinely enthusiastic about and will want to be part of an increasingly glamorous team who simply love what they do.
Your degree subject is nowhere near as relevant as your track record of success – be that in work, your degree and/or your extra curricula activities. Indeed you may know nothing about SEO or Conversion Rate Optimisation or may never have been taught the basic principles of marketing.
What does matter is that you have the ability to pick it up quickly and have the ability to adapt to unfamiliar circumstances.
As well as a high degree of common sense you will need to be able to:
- do basic maths (think at least a GCSE “C ” grade),
- be able to communicate and get-on with folk (those “inter-personal” skills),
- be comfortable in expressing you thoughts in writing (a skill you hopefully developed through uni essays and dissertations)
- use initiative
We have two posts available:
(We appreciate that these roles may sound like goobledegook to you. They are activities that you probably didn’t learn about at Uni so don’t be put off applying because they sound a bit unusual. Take our word for it, this is where the action in online marketing is!)
- trainee pay per click (PPC) manager – this role will use a combination of your analytical, persuassive, creative and even scientific skills to turn search engine and Facebook visitors into customers for our clients through relative new, but highly effective forms of advertising. You will begin by assisting the PPC team with developing and analysing campaigns. You will train for, and achieve “Qualified Google Advertising Professional” status and equivalent qualifications. The most likely progression from this position would be into a PPC account manager role.
- business development assistant – working closely with our Operations and Business Development Director, your primary task will be to identify and develop opportunities to sell our Conversion Rate Optimisation offering. A significant part of this role will be using social media to identify people with a need for our services and then to develop relationships with them. It is certainly not a cold calling or field sales role! It is likely that you will get involved in other parts of the business too. Ultimately you could develop into either a full sales role or alternatively you might go down a route of becoming a CRO specialist.
Who you would be working with
Attacat is an Edinburgh-based agency focusing on search engine and online marketing. Our clients come in all shapes and sizes but they all have one thing in common – they want results and they want to be able to prove it. Fortunately that is something we can do. We are a small team that genuinely cares about our clients and each other. Having to constantly update our skills combined with our ambitions to grow make Attacat a fun and exciting team to be part of.
Salary & Benefits
The basic salary for these positions will be £16k-£20k depending on experience & qualifications. In addition to this Attacat offer:
- An exceptional profit share scheme
- Up to 100% support for external qualifications
- (Very) Flexi-time policy which allows staff to have up to 40 days (inc. stats) off a year
Sorry this position is now closed but we do recruit for these types of position periodically so please sign up for alerts on our jobs page