About the Job
03/05/2011 – Sorry – applications for this role are now closed. (Interviews are now under way)
20/04/2011 – The application sift is beginning in earnest. We will run first round interviews in the week commencing 2nd May and the following week. We will accept further applications up to and including Sunday 1st May although if you are applying now your application will need to be really good as the competition is impressive!
11/04/2011 – We are continuing to accept applications this week. As yet I haven’t had a chance to review any applications but thanks to those that have submitted already.
05/04/2011 – have just tweaked this job description a little
04/04/2011 – Due to our move, we are only just starting to promote this job now. Whilst we will close off the application process when we have enough good quality applicants, you can safely assume that if your application is in by 8am next Monday, you will have met the deadline!
24/03/2011 – NEW ROUND JUST OPENED – Applications being accepted now.
We’re looking for one or more graduates* for an entry level position. You’ll need to start from the bottom, expect to do a lot of learning & work your way up through the ranks.
Yes, quite a bit of the work is going to be a bit same old, same old but you’ll get the chance to learn all about Internet Marketing. We are open minded as to what your exact role will be – we will seek to fit it around your talents – but you’ll get a good “overview” education and then probably end up developing a specialism in one field such as PPC, SEO, Social Media or Conversion Rate Optimisation.
No experience required but you’ll need a passion for digital, amazing attention to detail, a way with words & be happy with a bit of basic maths here and there!
Salary starts at the bottom (£14-£18k) but for the right person it will go up pretty fast. Also we have a profit share for everyone & some pretty generous holidays.
*It’s important to stress that “graduate” does not necessarily equal “22 year old”. Our view of a “graduate” is someone with a good degree level qualification, looking to start a new career. In other words if you’ve got 25 years experience of doing something else and want a fresh start, please feel very free to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Assist our account managers with the management of their clients on a day-to-day basis
- Train for, and achieve “Qualified Google Advertising Professional” status and equivalent qualifications
- Become highly knowledgeable in a variety of “internet marketing” fields
- Analyse and improve performance of client accounts
- Build knowledge in Google Analytics & similar analytics packages
- Assist with tasks related to the running of a small business
- Input into the day to day running of the business
No previous web marketing experience is required but would be an advantage. The successful candidate will:
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- Have Common Sense and Initiative
- Be able to prioritise their own workload
- Work from their own initiative
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Have a basic grasp of statistics and be able to use Excel
- Be educated to degree level
- Have a passion for working in the online advertising & marketing field (and be able to demonstrate this!)
- Experience in any of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Google Analytics (or similar)
- Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Direct client contact
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Any marketing or advertising disciplines
Attacat are an Internet marketing agency working across PPC, SEO, Social Media, Web Analytics & Websites with a variety of clients across multiple sectors. With ambitions to grow and a proven track record of adding value to clients’ bottom lines (and being able to prove it), the Edinburgh based Attacat represents an exciting environment to be in.
Salary & Benefits
The basic salary for this position will be in the region of £14k-£18k depending on experience & qualifications
Attacat also offer:
- An exceptional profit share scheme
- Up to 100% support for external qualifications
- (Very) Flexi-time policy which allows staff to have up to 40 days (inc. stats) off a year
If you can’t see the form below, then try here instead. Otherwise please get cracking with it.