Eagle-eyed users of our free cookie audit tool may spot that we are collecting data with the tool and may have valid concerns about it. Hopefully I can put any fears to rest!
What we collect
- Pages visited during recording
- Limited information about the cookies (domain, cookie name and expiry date only)
- Answers to the questions
- An e-mail address only if you submit one
What we DO NOT collect
- cookie contents (as this may store personal or sensitive information even though they shouldn’t)
- any information submitted as you surf the site such as forms etc (whilst I am sure this is technically possible) I wouldn’t have a clue how to do it, even if I wanted
Why do we wan’t to collect any data at all?
- allow a save function which was a requested feature
- to find out what cookies are being placed most frequently so we can work out what they are doing to make the output of the tool more useful
Will we use the data for marketing purposes?
Cookies used by the tool
We use a session cookie and in due course will add various analytics tools and sharing buttons which will place cookies.
Still got concerns?
We would really appreciate it if you could get in touch. At the end of the day we want people to use the tool and are keen to address any privacy or security concerns that might put you off using it.