How to create
Using the Facebook Page iFrame Plugin for WordPress
Using the WordPress plugin your content will appear in the following location:
- Use the following link to create a new Facebook app.
- Name the app (this is just so you can identify it from a list), agree to the terms of service and create.
- Fill in the ‘about’ and ‘web site’ information as requested. Here you can insert your own logo and icon which will be shown in the Facebook navigation.
- In the ‘Facebook integration’ section enter the following – this is where it gets a bit more tricky:Canvas page: This is basically the page where your ‘app’ will be stored in Facebook, so name it something relevant such as the name of your app.
Canvas URL: Enter the domain of where your content is located on your own website or server. In our example this would be http:www.domain.com.
Tab name: Enter the name of what you want your tab or custom page to be called in the navigation.
Tab URL: Enter the subfolder or directory where your content is located on your own website or server.
- Save your changes and go ‘back to my apps’. Select your newly-created app from the list and then from the minor navigation on the right select ‘application profile page’.
- From the resulting ‘application profile page’ select ‘add to my page’ from the navigation on the left. Select the page you wish it to add the app to.
- Your new tab/page is added and should show in the navigation! If you want to set it as your default landing page go to ‘edit’ your company page then ‘manage permissions’.