2 Digital Marketing Jobs for Graduates
- Wanted: ambitious graduates with track record of achievement
- No previous experience required
- Kick start your career in a growing industry
- £18-22K salary + profit share + benefits
- Starting Jan and June 2020
- Closing date: Sunday 3rd November 2019
We’re looking for at least two brilliant graduates to join the growing Attacat team either this January or July (2020).
- Do you succeed at whatever you put your mind to?
- Excited by the prospect of a career in digital marketing?
- Like the idea of working in central Edinburgh?
Yes? Yes? Yes? Then read on…we want to hear from you.
No experience is required but you’ll need passion, amazing attention to detail, ability to solve problems and be happy with a bit of basic statistics here and there!
You’ll need to start from the bottom, expect to do a lot of learning & work your way up through the ranks.
One good reason to apply: if you don’t get the job we will explain why, personally! (We will run a feedback session in December for all candidates as a thank you for the time you put into the application process.)
Attacat are a digital marketing agency delivering growth for businesses who are interested in more than just their shareholders. Attacat have been at the forefront of SEO and paid search in particular for 15 years. The team are adept at deploying and making the most of marketing technology to deliver customer experiences that attract custom from search engines and encourage unsolicited recommendations. Edinburgh-based Attacat continues to grow through adding real value to clients’ bottom lines (and being able to prove it) whilst also creating opportunities for Attacat team members to grow themselves. As such, it represents an exciting environment to be in.
We are recruiting into two of our teams:
- Paid – in simple terms, this is about growing businesses through Google and Facebook ads. It’s ideally suited to those who like hard facts, are good at extrapolating and are comfortable interpreting basic stats and data.
- Organic – this covers a wide variety of activities from quite technical to the creative. We see “organic” as being about creating great experiences that people will talk about. You’ll likely be a bit of an ideas person who can follow through. You’ll be comfortable with words and research, yet still be comfortable wearing an analytical hat from time to time.
It may be that you already know which of the above is more “you”, but there’s no need to decide now. We’ll help you (as we get to know you throughout the recruitment process) to get the role that plays to your strengths.
Whichever role you come into though, you’ll be expected to:
- Develop a good understanding of digital marketing overall
- Train for, and achieve relevant Google and Hubspot Certifications and equivalent qualifications
- Get stuck in even when a task doesn’t fit under the description of your day-to-day role
- Start making a contribution from (almost!) day one
- Fit into the team – it’s vital we all get along as we are still a small team (20 about to become 22)
The successful candidates will:
- Have a proven track record of achievement in everything they have done* <— make sure your application really brings this out. Its the single most important criteria!
- Have common sense and initiative
- Be able to prioritise their own workload
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- Have a basic grasp of statistics and be able to use Excel/Google Sheets
- Be educated to degree level to at least 2:1 level**
- Be excited by digital marketing***
- Be eligible to work in the UK without requiring us to sponsor a visa. (EU applicant? Given the lack of clarity at this point from the politicians, we are happy to assume that you will be able to work in the UK)
*Examples of great proof include promotions (in school and/or the workplace), awards, results that can be quantified (e.g. “5 highers AABBB” , “the university club I captained doubled its membership”, “raised £10,000 for a charity”), an internship being turned into a full-time offer, things you’ve done still making a difference to the company today, being singled out, winning an election and so on. “Everything” covers academic achievements of course but also what you’ve achieved in your work experience (related or otherwise) and downtime. Active involvement in sports, societies or the community are all signs of you being a well-rounded individual, but if you can show achievement within that too, all the better.
**Degree subject does not matter. A good degree does.
***Those with formal digital marketing training or experience will be unlikely to be prioritised over those that don’t – we will simply be looking for a desire and aptitude to learn digital marketing. If you do have a digital marketing background, that’s brilliant, but please only present it as one of your selling points. In the past, we have repeatedly turned away those with digital marketing degrees for failing to address the “track record of achievement in everything they have done” criteria
Experience in any of the following would be beneficial but isn’t required.
- Google Analytics (or similar)
- Creating and presenting reports for business owners/directors
- Creating “content” (covers anything from flyers to video via making an app or writing a blog post)
- Direct client contact
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Any marketing or advertising disciplines
- Basic programming/scripting
- Use of Google Apps (Docs, Sheets etc)
Salary and benefits
This is a permanent position. Salary starts at the bottom (£18-£22k) but for the right person it will go up pretty fast.
Attacat also offer
- Up to 100% support for external qualifications
- 30 days holiday a year (increases to 32 after 2 years and 34 after 4)
- Option to take a career break after two years
- A great working environment
- An exceptional profit share scheme – 33% of profits are shared across the team
- Private medical insurance and pension
Know someone else who’d be great at this job?
Given that we’re looking for two graduates, why don’t you invite a friend along for the ride too!
We only accept applications through our application form. Closing date is 9pm Sunday 3rd November 2019. The anticipated start date is Tuesday 8th Jan 2020 for those who have already graduated and Monday 29th June for those graduating in 2020.