Digital Scotland Voucher Scheme – £5,000 digital grant from Business Gateway
UPDATE: Business Gateway has stopped accepting applications for the Digital Voucher Grant!
After what we believe was a very successful program from Business Gateway, we are saddened to pass on the news that they are no longer taking applications for the digital grant. With it being such a popular program, and with many of our now clients being able to take advantage, we do hope it is a program that is brought back soon. We’ll be sure to keep you up to date with any new happenings if they do!
We’ve heard a few mutterings about a digital marketing grant at various networking events this year but we’ve been unable to find any information online (it turns out that’s because there isn’t any). We decided to do a little more investigation and reached out to our contacts at various organisations. A few phone calls and one face-to-face meeting later and we’re finally in the know.
We can confirm that the lovely people over at Scottish Enterprise are currently offering a digital marketing grant of up to £5,000 which could potentially fund 75% of a project cost, so you can work to a project with a budget of up to £6666. This is incredibly good news for those that are eligible to apply.
- Be registered with the Business Gateway in Scotland who will assess your eligibility for the scheme.
Unfortunately we’ve not been given any specifics on what eligibility looks like, but should you be turning over in excess of £70k per annum, or have the potential to do so, we feel you’ll have a good chance.
How to apply
- If you already have a Business Gateway advisor, please contact them directly and ask for an expression of interest (EOI) form for the Digital Scotland Voucher.
- If you do not currently have a relationship with Business Gateway then please contact Business Gateway Edinburgh on 0131 529 6644 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to assist you.
The process, we’ve been assured, is nice and straightforward!
What can this huge grant be used for?
The voucher will provide a financial contribution of up to 75% of eligible costs to a maximum contribution of £5,000 to businesses to access consultancy and/or support implementation activities that introduce or enhance their Ecommerce, ICT or Digital Services capability.
Which Attacat services could the fund be used for?
- Strategy development – if you’re relatively new in the online world of business, a great place to start would be a strategy workshop. This will allow us to really get to know your business and understand who your target market really is. This information will become invaluable in any ongoing marketing activities, be it online or off. We have a number of exercises that we run through with clients to help them better understand their proposition and brand positioning.
- Training – we offer a range of training options with our most popular training sessions focusing on SEO, Paid Search and Web Analytics. We offer bespoke training sessions, to ensure that they are taking into consideration your existing knowledge base and objectives.
- SEO audit – a very popular service that allows us to analyse every aspect of your site and compare against best practice. We really get under the hood of your site and the output is a very beefy document that details all of our findings and also a snagging list which is essentially a list of things we would recommend changing and more detail on each item. An audit is a very good piece of work to undertake if you’re struggling to get anyway in the search results or you’re not performing as well as you used to. It is also a great way to learn more about SEO. Our audit documents detail what we’ve analysed, how it fairs against best practice, what we’d recommend changing and why. So you can certainly start to pick up some decent SEO knowledge.
- SEO consultancy
- New website/domain SEO considerations – another very popular service is what we’ve coined pre and post launch checks. If you are looking to move your website over to a new domain or indeed to a new design altogether, there are a lot of considerations that should be made from an SEO perspective. It is important that all aspects of the migration are carefully considered, especially in an attempt to retain your current rankings.
- Google Analytics customisation – do you find that Google Analytics out of the box isnt quite providing the level of data analysis that you require? Fear not, our trusty Analytics geek Chelsey is available for all of your customising needs. Analytics customisation can range from creating bespoke dashboards to setting up complex reporting. Let us know what you’re looking to achieve and we can formulate a plan of attack.
- Conversion rate optimisation – when it comes to your website’s conversion rate, it is important to never rest on your laurels. There are always things that you can change to help improve your conversion rate. We have a team of CRO experts on hand to help make this happen. From an in-depth conversion audit to ongoing testing, there’s always something that can be done to help improve your bottom line.
- Email marketing – we work with a number of firms to help improve their email marketing strategies, designing bespoke templates, improving data capture processes, introducing clever list segmentation strategies and ensuring that all aspects of a campaign are tested thoroughly so as to inform any future campaigns.
- Website design and build – is your website in need of a lick of paint or a complete overhaul? If so, £6,666 can certainly cover the cost of a brand spanking new website
and that is just a few suggestions. There really are are a whole host of different things that the we could work with you closely on that the grant would help to cover.
There are a few things that this grant cannot be used for…
- PPC click costs (such as Google AdWords or Facebook Ads)
- Staff costs
- On-going business
- Software as as service (SaaS)
- Off the shelf software
If you feel you may be eligible and you’d be interested in discussing the opportunity further, please fill out this short form and a member of the Attacat team will give you a call…