3 gorgeous digital marketing jobs for graduates
- Wanted: ambitious graduates with track record of achievement
- No previous experience required
- Kick start your career in a growing industry
- £18-22K salary + profit share + benefits
- Starting ASAP (mid/late November)
- Closing date: Sunday 22nd October
We’re looking for up to three brilliant graduates to join the growing Attacat team.
Do you succeed at whatever you put your mind to? Excited by the prospect of a career in digital marketing? Yes? Then read on…we want to hear from you.
No experience is required but you’ll need passion, amazing attention to detail, a way with words & be happy with a bit of basic maths here and there!
You’ll need to start from the bottom, expect to do a lot of learning & work your way up through the ranks.
One good reason to apply: we always run a feedback session for unsuccessful candidates as a thank you for the time you put into the application process.
We are recruiting into three of our teams: paid, organic and client services:
- Paid – in simple terms, this is about growing businesses through Google and Facebook ads. It’s ideally suited to those who like hard facts, are good at extrapolating and are comfortable interpreting basic stats and data.
- Organic – this covers a wide variety of activities from quite technical to the creative. We see “organic” as being about creating great experiences that people will talk about. You’ll likely be a bit of an ideas person who can follow through. You’ll be comfortable with words and research yet still be comfortable wearing an analytical hat from time to time.
- Client services – our client services team are focused on looking after our customers and ensuring that they have a great strategy in place that is being implemented effectively. You’ll be a people person who can make things happen (through great planning and organisation).
It may be that you already know which of the above is more “you”, but there’s no need to decide now. We’ll help you (as we get to know you throughout the recruitment process) to get the role that plays to your strengths.
Whichever role you come into though there will be certain expectations:
- Develop a good understanding of digital marketing overall
- Train for, and achieve relevant Google Certifications and equivalent qualifications
- Get stuck in even when a task doesn’t fit under the description of your day-to-day role
- Start making a contribution from (almost!) day one
- Fit into the team – it’s vital we all get along as we are still a small team (17 about to become 20)
The successful candidates will:
- Have a proven track record of achievement in everything they have done*
- Have common sense and initiative
- Be able to prioritise their own workload
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- Have a basic grasp of statistics and be able to use Excel
- Be educated to degree level to at least 2:1 level**
- Be excited by digital marketing***
*Examples of great proof include promotions (in school and/or the workplace), awards, results that can be quantified (e.g. “5 highers AABBB” , “the university club I captained doubled its membership”, “raised £10,000 for a charity”), an internship being turned into a full-time offer, things you’ve done still making a difference to the company today, being singled out, winning an election and so on. “Everything” covers academic achievements of course but also what you’ve achieved in your work experience (related or otherwise) and downtime. Active involvement in sports, societies or the community are all signs of you being a well-rounded individual, but if you can show achievement within that too, all the better.
**Degree subject does not matter. A good degree does.
***Those with formal digital marketing training or experience will be unlikely to be prioritised over those that don’t – we will simply be looking for a desire and aptitude to learn digital marketing. If you do have a digital marketing background, that’s brilliant, but please only present it as one of your selling points.
Experience in any of the following would be beneficial but isn’t required.
- Google Analytics (or similar)
- Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Creating and presenting reports for business owners/directors
- Direct client contact
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Any marketing or advertising disciplines
Salary and benefits
This is a permanent position. Salary starts at the bottom (£18-£22k) but for the right person it will go up pretty fast.
Attacat also offer
- Up to 100% support for external qualifications
- 30 days holiday a year (increases to 32 after 2 years and 34 after 4)
- Option to take a career break after two years
- A great working environment
- An exceptional profit share scheme – 33% of profits are shared across the team
- Private medical insurance and pension
Attacat are a marketing agency for ambitious businesses who take their search engine rankings and online presence seriously. Attacat have been at the forefront of SEO and paid search in particular for 14 years. Edinburgh-based Attacat has ambitions to grow and a proven track record of adding value to clients’ bottom lines (and being able to prove it), so represents an exciting environment to be in.
Know someone else who’d be great at this job?
Given that we’re looking for three graduates, why don’t you invite a friend along for the ride too! If you have a friend who you really rate you could win £250 just by persuading them to apply. Details here.
We only accept applications through our application form. Closing date is 9pm 22nd October 2017