Complete and #attamadness live. “Build a business in a day” as it happened
A leap day challenge to build a climate change focused, mission-based, business.
Summary of progress
- Concept for the new business announced at 9am (a UK price comparison website for blown wood pellets)
- First website went live within two hours
- Brand name brainstormed in 1.5 hours (The Woodpicker), logo 1.5 hours later!
- First customers acquired through Google AdWords by the end of the day
- 2nd website released with basic quote request functionality at 8pm
- 8pm – Mission accomplished. Trading business created in 11 hours. Now the new team will take it on and develop the business model
- We’ll publish a round up and update you on the new business progress when we’ve recovered!
Brought to you by our very own Social Squad!
How (you could have watched) live broadcasts
There will be several live broadcasts throughout the day (technology willing!). These broadcasts will go out simultaneously on:
- this page in the live reporting section
- Attacats facebook page
- @attacats twitter
- Tim’s LinkedIn
The best way to watch live broadcasts
However for the best experience, we recommend using Periscope. For the uninitiated, here’s how to do it:
- Follow @attacats twitter account on twitter (you’ll need a twitter account)
- On your smartphone install the Periscope app (Android or iPhone)
- Open up the Periscope app and when asked enable notifications
The advantage of this method is that you’ll get a notified on your smartphone as soon as we go live thus ensuring you don’t miss a thing! With the other methods, you’ll have to be in the right place at the right time.
Missed a live broadcast? They’ll all be in the live reporting feed.
Many kept half an eye on activity in the Attacat office throughout the day.